Saturday, May 14, 2011

Auctions, boy can they be stressful! But, I got a table for $3.00!

 My husband and I made a game plan before we enter the big old barn. But, once I got inside I was sucked into the fast paced , exciting world of "The Auction"!

 Before I know it ~ I had bought a small round table! What?! I heard $3.00 and my hand was in the air as thought someone was pulling it by a string. What did I just buy? I wasn't even sure until I pushed my way through the crowd and apparently they could see by my face the uncertainty and 2 of the men pointed to this beat up old round table. But, It was mine! And I had only paid $3.00!
 

I was gone so quickly that my husband had just started to look at the items that were coming up for bid. His face was, well I'm not sure what that look was, when he looked up and saw the crowd parting while I was walking back with my table. Look what I just bought! Why? was his response. I don't know, but it was only $3.00. What are you going to do with THAT? I don't know, but maybe I could paint it or put it outside and cover it with flowers and plants. I'm off to put it in the car!
 Finding him again when I returned he very nicely and patiently said to me, Remember the game plan? We will look around and see what we really want to buy and then wait until it goes up. I was half listening because I could hear the auctioneer over the microphone and had to know what they were bidding on. Are you listening to me? Yes! I hear you.
Ok, Ok, no more than $20.00 for this piece I convinced him we really had to have. It was coming up.  No more than $20.00  Remember 20.00, ok?

There was my piece being held up in the air, my hand was quickly up and up and up..... my number was announced as the winner! With a great big smile I turned to my husband and he said, I thought we were going to stay at 20.00?

What?, I thought, and replied, It was too quick I didn't understand him, why how much did I get it for?.... $35.00.
Sorry, here I think you should hold the number.!

2 comments: