Monday, April 18, 2011

Good Monday Morning! April Vacation

The kids have April vacation this week!  I know to me that is a bittersweet.  I don't need to run them around to school and wake them up at 5:30, but what I do need to do is make sure I wake them up by 12:00!
Teenager... boy, can they sleep.  I remember that myself, but what I don't remember is my mother letting me sleep until 12:00.
A few things I will hear this week: ..."I'm bored", "what are we doing today?", "can I go here?", "can I go there?", "can I sleep over?", "can they sleepover?", "there is nothing to eat..."

Don't get me wrong, I truly love my kids but it's funny how they expect us to drop everything to run them somewhere and I can ask 15 times to put the dirty dishes INTO the dishwasher.  One would think something was going to grab them and pull them into the dishwasher should they open the door.

Anyway, I have so much to do this week for myself and them I might not have too much time to post anything.  So, to any other parents who have children on vacation this week, my thoughts and prayers go out to you too.  

Have a very Happy EASTER!  Don't eat too much candy like I know I will!

And I really am going to enjoy this week.  They are growing up way too fast
and I want to enjoy these times while I have them!

No comments:

Post a Comment