Thursday, March 10, 2011

Succulent Country Ribs Recipe

Ok, I have to put up one more today because it sounds really yummy!
Just look at its title it starts with succulent
Ok, this is my kinda cooking! 
Alright, I can't lie, it's only when my husband isn't home.
Yes, he does all of the cooking and baking.

 Here are country ribs without all the work. 
 No broiling or boiling, just brown the ribs,
cover with tasty homemade sauce and bake!


Succulent Country Ribs
Preparation time: 20 mins
Oven temperature: 325 degrees F
Baking time: about 1 1/2 hours

For 4 servings you will need:
3-4 lbs country-style pork ribs
1 Tbsp. oil
1/2 Cup soy sauce (it reads Mild soy sauce, but what do I know I thought soy sauce was soy sauce)
1/3 Cup Ketchup
1 tsp. dry mustard
2 Tbsp. brown sugar, packed
1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. chili powder ~ (Few dashes hot pepper sauce and / or Cayenne pepper, optional)

Preparation:

1. Cut off excess fat from ribs.  Heat oil.  Brown ribs and place them in a roasting pan.

2. Combine soy sauce, catsup, mustard, brown sugar, garlic, black pepper, chili powder, hot pepper     sauce and cayenne.  Pour sauce over ribs, turning to coat evenly.

3. Cover with foil and bake at 325 degrees F, for 45-50 mins.  Uncover.  Spoon sauce over ribs, leaving uncovered bake 45-50 mins longer until ribs are tender, a rich brown and begin to crisp.

See, even I could do this!  If you try it, let me know how you liked it.  ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment