Monday, March 7, 2011

Vintage Piano Sheet Music, 1902

Benj. Richmond, Australian composer of "Dance of the Song Bird" (photo on left), I came across another piece of his work,  this 1902 "Dance of the Honey Bees" piano sheet music. Published by Willis Woodward in 1902. This is music for the piano and a fabulous piece of history.
I looked for a few hours but couldn't find any real history on Benj. Richmond, just that he was an Australian Composer.  I wish I played so I could hear what I was looking at!

Cover Art    Vintage AUSTRALIAN Sheet music- Dance of the Honey Bees - 1902 by Benj. Richmond, Willis Woodward
Please click below for additional photos and Information:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/69504576/vintage-australian-sheet-music-dance-of

8 comments:

  1. I just came across your post as I was looking up some sheet music that I received. I have several hundred thus far...still going through boxes. The Dance of the Honeybee's was one of them. Mine is different from yours. It is entirely green (no white borders) Extremely old looking but from 1902. When I read your paragraph and got to the line, " I wish I played so I could hear what I was looking at!" I have said that so many times already looking at this stuff. Some I found on YouTube, but mostly it's gone with history. Such a shame. I was thinking of buying a tube music player so I could hear some of it. Thanks for making me smile. I know this is old but I just had to say something. :-) Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the blog loaded with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. Online Piano lessons

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. dance studios waterloo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great post. I like this topic.This site has lots of advantage.I found many interesting things from this site. It helps me in many ways.Thanks for posting this again. dance studios kitchener

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me. music producers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post! This is a very nice blog that I will definitively come back to more times this year! Thanks for informative post. Asian weddings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, this weekend is good for me, since this time i am reading this enormous informative article here at my home. Piano Teacher Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  8. This type of message always inspiring and I prefer to read quality content, so happy to find good place to many here in the post, the writing is just great, thanks for the post. Piano Lessons Melbourne

    ReplyDelete