Thursday, March 3, 2011

Fire King Philbe Depression Glass ~ A bit of History

I found this beautiful piece marked FIRE KING OVEN GLASS.  I had to do quite a bit of hunting to find out exactly what I had found. Fire King Philbe Depression Glass, which was made for two years only 1937 & 1938.  Blue, Green, Pink and Clear.  Holding this piece in front of me I thought I had found a Clear piece,
but then noticed at different angles, it did indeed have a blue tint (which you can see in the photos).

Vintage Fire King Philbe Depression Glass

Fire King OVEN GLASS
FIRE KING BLOCK letters ~ 1942-1945
Oven Fire - King - Glass 1942-1945
Mid 40's Oven Fire King Ware - Block or Script
Anchor Hocking Oven Fire King Ware made in USA 1951-1960

``*``*``~~``*``*``~~``*````*``*``~~``*``*``~~``*``

Coronation 1936-1940 was made in Crystal (clear glass), Green, Pink and Royal Ruby . But the only pieces made in Royal Ruby is a 3 piece berry bowl set.
 











``*``*``~~``*``*``~~``*````*``*``~~``*``*``~~``*``

  Princess - (1931-1935) (Crystal, Blue, Green, Pink, Yellow) Depression Glass pattern. It was so successful that you can find a complete set in the three main colors (green, pink, and yellow) Princess is one of the top 10 Depression Glass patterns.







Vintage Set of 2 Anchor Hocking Fire-King Ware
 Cups and Saucers
Not depression Glass but my husband won these beauties
 Vintage Set of 2 Anchor Hocking Fire-King Ware Cups and Saucers Vintage Set of 2 Anchor Hocking Fire-King Ware Cups and Saucers Vintage Set of 2 Anchor Hocking Fire-King Ware Cups and Saucers

I have gotten this bit of history from: http://www.kandmantiques.com/Articles/PatternsDefinitions/HockingGlassPatterns.html

5 comments:

  1. I found a beautiful piece of FIRE-KING OVEN GLASS, but I do not know what it is. I would call it a small platter with handles. From end of handle to end of other handle measures 10 1/4". If you have any info about this piece, I would enjoy hearing from you! Thanks, Dorothy Chaney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for asking. I have added a few more pieces here for you to look at.
    I hope this is helpful, if not let me know. It would depend on what color you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The color is clear with blue tint. I did find on ebay some pieces like this one and they were called hot plates, but showed manufactured 40's, 50's, & 60's. Thanks D.C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning, I'm sorry about that, I should have known you were talking about the Philbe!

    Yes, if it reads: Oven Fire - King - Glass,(Like mine above) it was made from 1942-1945.
    Theres may read differently or they may not know what they have.
    Thank you and I'm sorry about that, I guess I was having an "off" day.
    Enjoy your week end! And what a good Find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I have a clear glass Philbe Fire-King bowl. It measures approx. 8-9 inches at the top and approx. 3-3/12 inches at the bottom. On the bottom of mine you can read looking down into the bowl "FIRE-KING"; if you try to read it from the bottom it reads backwards. This has been passed down in my family and I would like to know a little more about it. When it was made, rareness, value and anything else you may be able to tell me.
    Thank you for your time and have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete