Thursday, March 10, 2011

Cheesy Eggplant Sticks Recipe

I bought an old box and to my surprise inside there were tons of old recipes.  I've been flipping through them and decided to share.  I must be hungry because I don't even care for eggplant and these sounded good to me!
Cheesy Eggplant Sticks
Preparation time ~ 10 mins
Broiling time ~ 10-12 mins (preheated broiler)

For 4 Servings you will need:
 1 ~ regular or 8 Japanese eggplants
1/2 Cup butter or margarine, melted
1/4 Cup grated onion
2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
1 1/2 - 2 Cups grated Cheddar Cheese (you can substitute any hard cheese)

Preparation:
1. Peel and quarter eggplant lengthwise.  If using regular eggplant, cut into smaller wedges. 
    Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
2. Mix butter, onion and garlic. Brush mixture on eggplant sticks
3. Broil eggplant about 5 - 7 mins. Turn. Brush with butter and broil an additional 5 mins longer.
4. Sprinkle with cheese.  Broil until cheese melts and serve immediately.

I hope you try this and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment